|September 2011 Newsletter
|News from Freenet Antennas
The big news this month is Ubiquiti's announcement of the AirVision product range.
We have received a lot of interest in this product - but the product is not available yet. Here is what we know.
- 3 Hardware products announced
- AirCam - the external, white camera in the image above
- AirCam Mini - smaller indoor version
- AirCam Dome - dome version of AirCam Mini
- 2 Software applications announced (both freeware)
- AirVision - Display image from, and configure multiple cameras
- NVR (Network Video Recorder) - stores and manages recorded images on disk
In stock dates - estimated.
- AirCam - Jan 2011. Not shipping from the factory yet.
- AirCam Mini - No News. Not shipping from the factory yet.
- AirCam Dome - No news. Not shipping from the factory yet.
Ubiquiti has sent us 4 AirCam units for testing. We have 3 setup with Beta firmware and actively feeding back reports and product improvement suggestions to Ubiquiti.
Click image to enlarge
New Products - UniFi Outdoor
We can now ship an expanded range of Outdoor-Rated products running the UniFi firmware.
These are standard Ubiquiti PicoM2, BulletM2, NanostationM2, and RocketM2 units - with UniFi firmware loaded.
NanoBridgeM5-25 - Bad Batch?
We have noticed a higher than normal rate of NanoBridgeM5-25 (NBM5-25) failures.
We now 100% test all NBM5-25 units before shipping
- at 100% CPU loading,
- for 1 hour, and
- at no extra cost
After reporting this to the engineering department at Ubiquiti, they asked us to return them directly to them so they can identify and rectify the problem.
We will continue to 100% test all NBM5-25 until the problem is resolved.
Note: The same problem does not seem to exist with the NanoBridgeM5-22 units we have in stock.
Tell us of Your Success
Do you have a WiFi success story you would like to share with other Freenet Antennas customers? If so email us the details and we might publish in our next newsletter.
Each month we will update this table.
We have gone back to recommending V5.2.1
Instability issues reported with V5.3.3.
Some newer products can not be downgraded below V5.3, so in that case we recommend V5.3.3
||OpenWRT Backfire 10.03
||Supports MIMO (SR71-12/15 radio cards)